More Prepared Emergency Survival Kit College Scholarship Contest
MORE PREPARED EMERGENCY SURVIVAL KIT COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
More Prepared, a Los Angeles based company, has been a leader in the emergency preparedness category for over 12 years. The company has sold hundreds of thousands of emergency kits to individuals, families, schools, businesses and government. More Prepared sells kits and emergency supplies specifically for home, car, school, and work.
• All applicants must meet the eligibility requirements mentioned below.
• More Prepared will award one $500 scholarship annually to the student who meets eligibility requirements and submits the winning essay, as judged by More Prepared.
• Scholarship contest runs from September 1 to May 31, 2017.
• Entry form and essay must be received by More Prepared before midnight PST, May 31, 2017 by one of the following methods:
o Email scanned documents to email@example.com
o Mail documents to:
More Prepared – Scholarship
4857 W. 147th St. Suite C
Hawthorne, CA 90250
o Fax documents to 310-676-3153
• Applicants must be at least 18 years old but no older than 24 at the time of entry
• You must be currently enrolled in a 4-year college in the United States
• You must be a legal resident of the United States
• You are not eligible if you or a member of your immediate family or household (whether or not related) is an employee or contractor of More Prepared. “Immediate family” means spouses, parents, children, siblings and step-parents/children/siblings, whether or not living at the same residence.
• You must not be an active NCAA collegiate athlete (any division) in any sport, nor played professional, semi-professional, or Division I collegiate football at any time
HOW TO ENTER
1. Print and fill out the College Scholarship Entry Form
2. Submit an original essay of 500 words or less on the following issue:
According to a recent national study, over half of all Americans do not have emergency supplies in their home, which would include a 3-day supply of nonperishable food and water. Unfortunately, they would not be prepared if an emergency or a natural disaster occurs. From our experience, most people do not think about putting together or buying an emergency kit until there is a major disaster reported in the news, and some aren’t driven to action even then.
Your original essay should explain the message you would use to persuade unprepared people that they need to have an emergency survival kit in their home before a natural disaster or an emergency happens. In addition to the message, how would you effectively reach these people (e.g., social media, TV, radio, print, word of mouth, etc.)? Please be as specific as possible.
3. Email, mail or fax the entry form and essay to More Prepared, using the information in the scholarship detail section.
• No purchase necessary. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Purchase does not improve chance of winning.
• Contest governed by the laws of California. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
• By participating in this promotion, you are giving More Prepared the rights to use and execute the ideas in your essay in any product or medium, without further compensation.
• Use of name/likeness: By entering this contest, you grant More Prepared (and its designees) the right to use your name, likeness and essay ideas for advertising purposes in any medium, without further compensation, except as prohibited by law.
• Deadline: Midnight PST May 31, 2017.
• Grand prize: A $500 college scholarship to be awarded to one (1) winner annually.
• More Prepared has the right to cancel the scholarship contest at any time without prior notice.
LIABILITY RELEASE: BY PARTICIPATING, YOU RELEASE AND AGREE THAT MORE PREPARED WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES AND LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURIES AND/OR DEATH, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, COUNSEL FEES AND COURT COSTS) ARISING FROM ANYTHING RELATING TO:
• PROMOTION, EXECUTION OR ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION (OR YOUR PARTICIPATION);
• CANCELLATION OR MODIFICATION OF ANY ASPECT OF THE PROMOTION;
• USE OF ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO THE PROMOTION OR MATERIALS ON THEM;
• ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR
• PARTICIPATING IN OR TRAVELING TO ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY.
INDEMNITY: By participating, you further agree to indemnify and hold harmless More Prepared and their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and liability of any kind resulting from or in connection with the Promotion or the Prizes.
NO WARRANTY: ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS. DISPUTES: IF NOT RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS, ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM SHALL BE RESOLVED BY FINAL BINDING ARBITRATION WITH AN EXPERIENCED ARBITRATOR LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. VENUE FOR ANY PROCEEDINGS WILL BE IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA. REMEDIES SHALL BE SUBJECT TO ALL LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES IN THESE RULES, BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES, AND SHALL NOT, IN ANY EVENT, INCLUDE ANY PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ATTORNEY'S FEES OR OTHER COSTS OR BRINGING A CLAIM, OR ANY INJUNCTIVE OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
ADMINISTRATION: More Prepared is responsible for the processing of entries and administration of the contest. Contact More Prepared with any questions, comments or problems.
For a WINNER LIST: Mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the More Prepared address above by December 31, 2017. List will be sent once prize is awarded.