Aquamira Water Treatment 2 oz. Glass Bottles
Aquamira Water Treatment treats drinking water using chlorine dioxide to kill bacteria, control the buildup of slime and improve the taste of stored water. Each kit contains everything you need to treat up to 60 gallons of water.
Aquamira Water Treatment kills bacteria while enhancing the taste of treated water. The glass bottles make it easy to see the level of material in each bottle and improve the stability of the product. Aquamira Water Treatment is the best option for treating bulk amounts of water for emergency or recreational use.
Chlorine dioxide is generated when the Aquamira® Water Treatment comes in contact with water. Chlorine dioxide is iodine and chlorine free. The unique formula works by releasing nascent oxygen, a highly active form of oxygen, which is a strong oxidant and a powerful germicidal agent. Chlorine dioxide has been used by municipal water treatment plants to kill a variety of waterborne pathogens since the late 1940s. Unlike free chlorine (familiar as household bleach) or other halogen chemicals (such as iodine), chlorine dioxide does not create potentially harmful by-products.
Aquamira’s key benefits are clearly evident when compared to the other common portable water treatment chemicals such as iodine. Chlorine dioxide is a significantly stronger oxidant than iodine, with greater pathogen killing power. Unlike iodine, chlorine dioxide kills protozoan cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia which are responsible for over 80% of waterborne illnesses. Chlorine Dioxide does not discolor water, nor does it give water an unpleasant taste. In fact, chlorine dioxide is often used to improve the taste of water by neutralizing unpleasant flavors.